How To Draw A Duck
In this quick tutorial you’ll learn how to draw a Duck in 6 easy steps – great for kids and novice artists.
The images above represents how your finished drawing is going to look and the steps involved.
Below are the individual steps – you can click on each one for a High Resolution printable PDF version.
At the bottom you can read some interesting facts about the Duck.
Make sure you also check out any of the hundreds of drawing tutorials grouped by category.
How To Paint A Baby Duck In Watercolor
The newest video tutorial has finally been released to the Online School: How to Paint this Duckling in Watercolor!
Read on to see some step by step images.
This painting, created on Arches Hot Press paper, will fit a 5 x 7 inch mat and a standard 8 x 10 inch frame perfect if you would like to create a personalized gift for a childs room!
You can watch a super-quick version of the painting on this Youtube video:
Step by Step Images
First, Ill establish the initial color in the eye, beak, and body by outlining the main features, creating a map to follow in future applications.
- Apply the first pinks to the beak with pale, watery color.
- Do the same with the browns and blacks of the eye.
- Outline the head and body with pale, watery yellow.
Apply pale yellow to the head and body. This is the lightest value that can be seen.
Next, Ill use the pink to establish the prominent parts of the beak.
- The beginnings of contour and shape in the beak are being created by applying different values of pink.
- Deepen the black parts of the eye.
- Create what will be the darker parts of the head and neck with a warm yellow, working around the lightest shapes.
- Deepen the dark shapes with pale, watery brown.
- Now that the darks have been established, apply hair markings everywhere with the warm yellow.
- These applications are super pale, and will be deepened in future steps.
- Be aware of the length and contour of the hairs.
Its back to the eye, applying the final browns and blacks.
How To Draw A Duck Baby Easy Step By Step For Kids
August 12, 2020Drawing Tutorial Category: Ducks
This is a cute duck baby, looking forward curiously, as if there is something it has never seen before. Will it start an adventure?
Step-by-step tutorial to teach you how to draw this cartoon duckling, very simple. If kids like it, let them follow the steps below to try it out!
1. Draw a circle first, leaving two gaps. Then draw a big mouth at the big gap.
2. Draw the neck at the bottom gap. Then outline the body and tail.
3. Draw your legs and feet at the bottom of your body, as shown above.
4. Draw two large oval-shaped eyes on the head, and paint them black. Then draw a cute little wing on the body.
5. Finally, simply color it, the cartoon duck baby is finished!
Also Check: Cartoon Giraffe Outline
Add Texture And Shading
Saturate more color to add texture and shading while the paper is still damp. To make a deeper yellow for shading, mix a small amount of burnt sienna into your yellow.
Continue building layers of color and adding shading, using your reference photo as a guide.
Good to Know: For the wild duckling in the center, we added stripe markings when the paper was damp so it still spread a little, but not too much. This helps the stripes keep a fuzzy edge, making them look more natural.
You Must Take Care Of While Drawing An Oval Shape For Duck Body
How to make duck drawing. Sketch the body head and details of the mama duck. Draw Donald Duck by following this drawing lesson. How to draw Donald Duck easy and step by step.
Z -Please like and subscribe for new drawings and colorings each weekWelcome to Kids Drawings. And a circle for duck. How to draw Duck ll Duck tutorial ll step by step easy drawing ll.
HttpsyoutubefVakrLqVdr0How to draw a caterpillar. Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial. PencilSketch DuckScenery DuckDrawing How To Draw Easy Duck Water with Sunhow to draw a duck baby duckArtTiosByNisitaCreate byNisitaEdit By Suman.
Learn simple and easy art for kids For more videos subscribe to my channel Thank you for watching. In a 2002 study conducted by psychologist Richard Wiseman ducks were. Start by drawing the biggest duck or the female duck in the center of the page.
Would you like to be able to draw your very own duck. HttpsyoutubeR7a_PAjhCRE How to draw a great white shark. Start your duck easy drawing with an oval shape.
Read Also: Realistic Koala Drawing
How To Draw A Duck In 4 Steps
Learn how to draw this playful duck and then place it in any scene you like — waddling along with its siblings, swimming in a lake, and more. It’s easy when you start with basic shapes.
In this section, we’ll show you how to draw the above duck. Either draw it freehand while looking at your computer monitor or print out this page to get a closer look at each step.
Follow the red lines in each illustration to learn exactly what to draw in that step. The lines drawn in previous steps are shown in gray. We’ll show you an illustration of each step and then give you a description of how to draw it.
How To Make Duck Drawing
First I draw a circle for the head and an ellipse oval for the body. Donald Duck drawing tutorial. Draw Paint a Duck in 9 Steps Step 1.
Also Check: How To Draw A Mustang Step By Step
You Can Refer To The Simple Step
To start, draw a large circle for the babys head, then add instructions to the face and body. At the end of the body shape draws another shape for the buttocks of the duckling body.
Sketch the shape of the ducks body and head as you see here, and notice how the sides of the duck have feathers.
Draw the head feathers of such ducks, and then draw the ducklings eyebrows to determine the ducks eye shape. Once the eyes are sketched in three lashes on each eye. Then you will draw the rest of his mine or bill, and then will definitely give him a friendly smile.
You have almost finished with this guide about duck babies. All you need to do is pull out your arms, hands, feet and flat feet. Add some feathers to your thighs and move to step five.
Now you will finish this lovely version. All you need to do now is draw the ducks big bow, color it in the ducklings pupil, then draw the wings, drawing the details of the foot. Delete the lines and shapes you drew in step one.
How To Draw A Baby Duck
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
A baby duck is called a duckling. The word “duck” comes from Old English words meaning “diver” or “to bend down low.” How did the duck earn this name? It is because of the “upending” behavior some species exhibit while feeding. They nibble on aquatic plants with their heads underwater and their tails in the air. Some ducks dive and disappear completely under the water.
Ducklings have long been a part of popular culture, often representing cuteness, youth, or innocence. Ducklings are common Easter gifts for children, as Ostara, the goddess from which the holiday is derived, “had a passion for new life,” both human and animal.
Many children also grow up with stories such as Han Christian Andersen’s The Ugly Duckling. This is a tale of a duckling that does not look like his companions. When he grows up, it is revealed that he is actually a beautiful swan.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw an adorable duckling? This easy, step-by-step animal drawing tutorial is here to help. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper. you may also wish to color your finished duckling.
Also Check: Easy To Draw Waves
Interesting Facts About Ducks
Ducks are mostly water-loving birds that belong to the Anatidae family, which includes geese and swans. It is thought that their earliest close ancestors mingled with dinosaurs.
Ducks can be found over all continents, except Antarctica, although some can be found on islands in the sub-Antarctica.
Did you know?
- Ducks are generally smaller than geese and swans, and can be found living both in fresh water and salt water.
- Ducks eat land and water plants, insects and fish, small amphibians, such as toads, newts and salamanders, mollusks and worms.
- Some ducks dive deep into under the water for food, while others feed off the surface of water and on land.
- A comb-like edge along the beak of a duck catches food from water that is squirted from the sides of the beak.
- While male ducks do not quack, all ducks make a variety of sounds including, cooing, whistle sounds, grunts and yodels.
- Ducks are easy prey for animals, fish and humans, primarily because of their inability to fly off a surface quickly. Although human hunters generally prefer the challenge of a flying duck over a sitting duck.
- The word duck is often used to describe something as funny, because of ducks seem silly in their behavior and looks.
Draw Wings Beak And Feet
Draw a smaller teardrop shape inside the body for the wing. Add two shapes for the top and bottom of the beak. Draw an oval for the upper leg and long shapes for the lower legs. For each foot, draw half an oval attached to the leg with webbing across the front.
Feathers and eyes will help bring your duck to life — learn how to draw them on the next page.
Read Also: How To Draw Praying Hands Step By Step