How To Draw A Baby Turtl
Baby Turtle. If you’re looking for a cute drawing of an animal, check out this adorable baby turtle drawing. This drawing has a bit more detail, but it’s still very beginner friendly. One of my favorite easy drawing books is The Drawing Book for Kids: 365 Daily Things to Draw: Step by Step In this page, you will find numerous pintable turtle coloring pages that depict these animals in both cartoonish and realistic appearances. Baby Turtle Coloring Pages. Cartoon Turtle Coloring Pages. Coloring Page of a Turtle. Coloring Page Turtle. Coloring Pages of Sea Turtles. Coloring Pages of Turtles For Kids. Coloring Pages of Turtles
How To Draw A Sea Turtle Step By Step
Would you like to improve your ability to draw reptiles? More specifically, do you want to know how to draw turtles? Even more specifically, how would you like to know a step-by-step way to draw a sea turtle?
Turtles are my favorite reptiles. I remember having a pet turtle as a kid. I thought the slow way in which it moved was so cool, and I loved to watch it pop its head in and out of its shell!
Thats why I decided to do a drawing tutorial featuring a turtle. I also felt like doing a sea creature, so I settled on a sea turtle!
If you can learn how to draw a sea turtle, with its many scales, wrinkles, and possibly challenging shell, then you will feel more confident while drawing other reptiles too.
I created this tutorial to help you do just that. Read on to learn how to draw a swimming sea turtle step by step!
Shade The Front Flipper Of The Sea Turtle
The next step is to shade the flipper. Put some shading near the top area where the flipper is joined to the sea turtles body. Then outline each of the individual scales just like we did for the scales on the hind flipper and the scutes on the turtle shell.
Shade inside each of the scales on the sea turtles flipper. Leave the gaps between each scale a lighter value. Go back and lift stray graphite from these gaps with a kneaded eraser if necessary. Place darker shading along the front edge of the flipper to help distinguish this front plane from the flippers side plane.
Also Check: How To Draw A Tree Step By Step
Shade The Hind Flipper And The Shell
Beginning with the hind flipper, shade each of the individual scales. Put a little touch of darker shading on the claws along the front edge. Leave white space between each of the scales.
Next, lets start shading the sea turtles shell. Outline the individual scutes on the rear section of the shell. Leave a narrow gap in between each scute. You can use a kneaded eraser to remove graphite from these gaps to make them lighter in value. Afterwards, put a light base layer of shading over the area, followed by a darker layer. Leave some splotchy areas open for the lighter base layer to show through. This helps to create an irregular spotty design on the sea turtles shell.
Shade the rest of the turtles shell in much the same manner. Alternate back and forth between outlining the scutes, shading a light base layer, and overlaying a darker layer of tones. Remember to keep the gaps between the scutes lighter in value. Its also helpful to put a streak of darker shading along the border of some of the scutes, riding along the gaps in between. This gives the individual scutes a slightly raised appearance. Make sure to put the heaviest shadow areas just under the shell on the side, between the flipper and the neck, and over the neck.
How To Draw A Sea Turtle
You can the base construction lines and start drawing on tracing paper or you can draw the grid layout yourself using the following stepsShow more
1) Draw a rectangle that will define the conditional proportions and boundaries of the chosen drawing.2) From the middle of the rectangle, draw one vertical and one horizontal line equally dividing the shape.3) Draw another horizontal line equally dividing the upper half of the rectangle. Similarly, draw a horizontal line equally dividing the bottom half of the rectangle.4) Draw a vertical line equally dividing the left half of the rectangle. Similarly, draw a vertical line equally dividing the right half of the rectangle.
Read Also: How To Draw In Danganronpa Style
Draw Scales On The Sea Turtles Flippers
Begin drawing scales on the front edge of the sea turtles far flipper. These scales should be similar in size and shape to the scales on the face, although more of these scales seem to resemble a pointy, triangular shape on the flippers underside. Notice also how the scales should wrap around the flippers front edge.
Continue to draw scales down the length of the flipper. As you approach the bottom of the flipper, draw a sharp claw protruding from the edge. Draw a few more oval or rectangular scales on the flippers underside near the tip. Then sketch some similar shapes with much lighter pressure on the rest of the flippers underside.
Begin drawing scales on the front edge of the long flipper in the foreground. Begin near the top. As you work your way down the edge, draw one or two scales per row. About midway down the flipper, start drawing only one scale for each row. Make these scales with straight edges on the top and bottom but pointy on the sides. Use a triangle shape for the big scale at the tip of the flipper.
Draw a line from the tip of the flipper that goes down the middle. You can use this line to divide the remaining space into smaller scales. Draw some larger scales near the top. Draw curved lines to form the top of the sea turtles flipper where it joins the body and bends over.
How To Draw A Sea Turtle: Step
Read Also: How To Draw A Paint Brush
Draw The Head And Neck Of The Sea Turtle
Now, its time to draw details on the sea turtle to make it look more realistic. Well start with the sea turtles facial features. Draw a sharp curved line to better define the separation between the head and neck. From here, draw a line to the front of the turtles face to represent the mouth. Then, shape the beak above the line and the upper eye on the other side. After that, draw an almond-shaped eye with an overlapping upper eyelid. Draw two tiny nostrils, a line between the eyes, and the side of the beak curving around the eye.
Draw a series of scales covering the turtles face. These scales can have a shape somewhat similar to triangles, squares, pentagons, or hexagons. Wrap the scales around the eye area. Then cover the rest of the upper face. Keep them generally similar in size. Draw the lower beak and some lighter marks and scribbles for more subtle scales and wrinkles on the lower jaw.
Draw wrinkles on the top of the sea turtles neck. Make sure the lines wrap around with the curvature of the neck. Draw a couple of long wrinkles between the base of the neck and the shell. Build upon these by sketching lines for even more wrinkles stretching down the neck. Finish up with the visible part of the underside of the shell and a few more wrinkles and loose scales nearby.
How To Draw Cute Baby Sea Turtle Easy Turtle Drawing
Baby Lion drawing – step 1. 1. Begin by sketching the lion’s head. Use a series of curved lines. Note the bulges of the cheek and chin. When you reach the ear, notice the overlap of short lines with jagged points, indicating fur. Use a curved line to enclose the opposite ear. Baby Lion drawing – step 2 Draw the ears and top of the head around the face. First, place your pencil at the top end of the cheek. Then, draw a horizontal, downward curving line to the left that goes up and over the eyes. From that point, draw a round, circular curve, like a circle with a gap at the bottom right side, to make the first ear Sea turtle, any of seven species of marine turtles belonging to the families Dermochelyidae and Cheloniidae . Both families are highly aquatic, and most species only appear on coastal beaches for egg laying; however, the green turtle occasionally basks in terrestrial.
Read Also: How To Draw A Perfect Hexagon
Tips For Your Next Sea Turtle Drawing
The next time you wish to create a realistic sea turtle drawing, here are a few reminders:
- Try using a reference photo while you draw the sea turtle so you can be sure to include its realistic traits for an accurate representation.
- Start off by sketching basic shapes to establish the general proportions and positions of the head, neck, shell, and flippers. Dont worry about perfection. Then build on additional details and adjust your basic shape guidelines as you go along.
- Consider using both a color and a black-and-white version of your reference. You can use both photos together to give you information about light and dark values as well as subtle changes in color, such as the slight variations between the lighter and darker shades of green on the turtles neck, scales, and shell.
- Try drawing a variety of sea turtles. Draw sea turtles in different positions. You might find that a distant view from overhead looking down at the top of the shell will be easier. For more of a challenge, try drawing a view from under the sea turtle looking at the bottom of its shell.
- Try drawing a regular turtle, tortoise, or another reptile. Once you are more comfortable drawing a sea turtle, you should find it easier to draw other animals that are similar.
Draw The Line Pattern On The Shell
Now lets start to draw the pattern on the shell of the sea turtle. The various shapes that form the design on the turtles shell are called scutes. Well draw the smaller ones first. Begin with the scutes around the neck. Make the outer edge parallel to the curve around the neck with shorter lines going inward. Then bring these similar box shapes down along the shells edge around the flipper. Finish drawing the scutes along the edge of the shells side. Keep most of them rectangular in shape with a few of them having pointy tops.
Okay, lets look at the larger shapes on the shell. The large scutes on the right and left side of the sea turtle are called lateral scutes. The ones along the top of the shell and the turtles spine are called central scutes. Draw a line from the bottom of the shell and another from just above the flipper. Connect these lines with the shells outer edge to complete one large lateral scute and two smaller central scutes.
Starting from the bottom edge of the shell again, draw another line going toward the top of the shell for the next lateral scute. Its important to point out that when drawing these lines on the shell, you should follow the natural curvature of the shells surface. Form the triangular spaces between the top of the lateral scutes that belong to each central scute. If necessary, draw curved guidelines along the top of the shell to help you align each of the points.
Recommended Reading: How To Draw A Magnolia Flower
How To Draw Turtles With Easy Step By Step Drawing Instructions
When you are outside playing in the woods or fields, you might happen to see tortoises or turtles. This is a great time to to observe the turtle and get your sketch pad out to draw him. Turtles have a great pattern on their shell. This drawing tutorial only gives simple, basic outline drawing instructions.
my turtle drawings <3
How To Draw A Baby Turtle Easy Squishmallows
- Kawaii turtle art inspired by Squishmallows turtle plush from Sea Life Squad. Easy, simple follow along drawing lessons for kids or beginners. Fun, Cute art for kids! Learn How to Draw the EASY, Step by Step Way while having fun and building skills and confidence. Learning videos for children of all ages
- Draw turtle’s eye in the oval. Draw the mouth beneath the eye. Make turtle’s head by using the original oval as a guide. Make pattern inside the shell; Start giving shape to the rest of the body. Color your drawing. How To Draw a Sea Turtle Step By Step. For the body of a turtle draw an oblong and a small circle for its head. Using curved.
- 1.Draw an oval shape first. This is the outline of the turtle shell. 2.Then draw the head on the left, and then draw two more eyes. 3.Draw the limbs of the turtle. 4.Draw three small ovals on the top of your head. Then draw some big ovals on the turtle shell. 5.Finally, color it carefully, this cute turtle is finished
- How to Draw Squirt the Turtle from Finding Nemo with Easy Step by Step Drawing Tutorial . Step 1. Squirt’s head is basically a large circle. Step 2. Use 2 ovals on either side for his eyes. Step 3. For his shell, draw another oval the same width as his head. Step 4. Draw large flippers attached to thin legs. Step 5. Draw 2 shorter smaller.
You May Like: How To Draw Anime On Ibispaint X
Artificial Lighting And Sea Turtle Hatchling Behavior
Disorientation from artificial lighting causes thousands of hatchling deaths each year in Florida and is a significant marine turtle conservation problem. Long-term monitoring of this threat involves an annual statewide effort to gather information from disorientation reports, to use this information in facilitating light management on nesting beaches and to research into additional remedies for the threats caused by lighting.
In a technical report written by FWRI scientist Blair E. Witherington and R. Erik Martin of Ecological Associates Inc., the problem is looked at in depth. The report, “Understanding, Assessing, and Resolving Light-Pollution Problems on Sea Turtle Nesting Beaches,” also includes diagrams of common lighting fixtures and mounting positions as well as a model lighting ordinance for marine turtle protection. The following questions and responses are from Appendix J. The complete report can be downloaded in PDF form at the bottom of the page.
Try The Full Sea Turtle Drawing Tutorial
It was a lot of fun drawing this sea turtle. I hope you had fun while drawing yours too!
Need more help? In the full video version of this tutorial, I show you exactly how I draw this sea turtle step by step, with more explanations and tips than I had time to cover in this article. You will also find color and black-and-white reference photos and a downloadable PDF version of this article.
You can get access to the full-length version of this tutorial and my other tutorials by becoming a member of the Lets Draw Today Club. Im look forward to seeing you there!
Also Check: How To Draw Superheroes For Kids